Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Super Fun Times...Not

Learned about another fun side effect of being pregnant: acid indigestion and pregnant allergies Yay! Fun! Not so much...

I have been feeling perfect up until the last 2 weeks.  Having a week long allergy attack and not taking any medicine is not my idea of a good time.  Not taking a day off, not taking meds.  Still needing to function and work and teach.  Super exciting.

Allergies during pregnancy have their own name: Pregnancy Rhinitis.  In the past, I have sometimes had seasonal allergies as the weather changes.  Two days then done.  Now it seems more like at least 2 weeks and then it will subside for a day or two then come back like it never left.  This is "supposed to" go on until the baby is born so just another 3.5 months.

Something else fun that has cropped up is acid re-flux.  I have never had acid re-flux before.  This is brand new to me and I don't know how people do this each day for years.  It has only been really bad for about 8 days, but those 8 days each seemed like a week.  I have found myself not even trying to sleep in bed, but going straight to the couch and sleeping sitting up with a pillow propped behind my head and my feet propped up on the chair.  Eddie usually ends up sleeping in my lap.  During one of the many times I wake up to pee (not complaining here), if I still feel rotten I stay on the couch and if I feel fine I go to bed.

As it is currently, I haven't been eating much and when I do eat, it isn't much.  I have actually been losing weight.  I'm currently the weight I was before I got pregnant which tells me that I actually weigh less than that and the added weight is the baby and other liquids and things my body has been accumulating.  What I do eat is healthy.  I make sure I drink milk twice a day and have Greek yogurt each day as well.  I also eat iron rich foods each day, and being in Korea it is fairly easy.  Kimchi has a lot of iron and calcium and other nutrients I need.  I eat about a quarter cup in the morning and it is nutrient dense.  

Either way, both of these ailments will disappear when the baby is born so I'm stuck with them until then.





2 comments:

  1. oh my, sorry you are so uncomfortable. perhaps doc can help?
    love, mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a very useful post shared by you.Thanks for providing such a valuable information with us.

    ReplyDelete