Monday, June 16, 2014

Embryo Transfer Day!

Maybe I should not be so excited, but I really cannot help it.  Our first cycle of IVF felt like a trial run.  Now that we have Joseph sorted and me sorted things just feel better.  We are more confident in what's happening and the overall feel of the whole thing just feel better.  Feels more positive.

Yesterday, June 16, 2014, I went to Seoul back to Rachel IVF (www.rachelivf.com) and had two grade 2 embryos placed in my uterus.  It was not painful.  It took about ten minutes once it was my turn.

Again, I needed to go to the 2nd floor to the surgical suite and change and then I was placed in a bed to wait.  My temperature was taken and the nurse asked if I was hot or had a fever and I told her no, that I had walked there from Seoul Station so I was a little bit hot.

I was asked to arrive at 2:40pm with a full bladder.  I arrived at about 2:30p so I waited a bit longer until my appointment at 3pm.  At 3pm, the nurse came and got me and led me back to the same surgical room I had the eggs removed and Dr. Lee came out.

She said that out of the 10 eggs retrieved, 6 were the right size and all of that.  So of that 6 she chose the best 2 to use this time.  She said if the other 4 continue to grow and do their best until day 5 (Wednesday) that they would be frozen.  If not, they wouldn't be frozen.  No problem.

The two eggs that were transferred were grade 2.  These are Day 3, grade 2 embryos.
Go here for more information on embryo grading.  What grade 2 means is it is only *slightly* different than grade 1.  Grade one is perfect.  Grade two is slightly less perfect but not less effective.

She went to work and about 10 minutes or less later she showed me 2 tiny white dots and said there they were.  AHH!  Yay!

I told her thank you so many times and told her that Joseph and I (and my family) really appreciate everything she and her team have been doing.  She said she is glad and that she really wants to help me have a baby because we are so nice.

Before I was transfered to the bed to be wheeled back to the beds location, Dr. Lee told me to take it easy and don't exercise.  I asked her what kind of exercise to not do and she said all of it.  I asked her about walking (because walking is our primary mode of transportation in Korea) and she said as long as it was flat ground and I took it slow and didn't over heat myself, it's okay.  I have a class on a mountain and she said not to walk there (bus or taxi) or if I HAD to walk, go extra slow and rest along the way.

Okie dokie.  I can do that.  She told me to be lazy the next two weeks and we will go from there.  I can dig it.  Especially because the next two weeks I do not have any classes.  :-)

This doctor visit price was 950,160W (about $950.00USD).  I didn't have the money for that at all this time but the ladies are amazing and let us pay when we get paid (this Friday).  So I will take a train this Friday to go pay them this amount.  We are on a super budget paying off loans and this.  Since this round of IVF is a bit more expensive than we originally were told we just simply didn't have that in our budget this month. Good thing pay day is Friday!

waiting for the train

changing and then waiting for my turn

There's 3 lives here.  Can you see them?  hehe
Hope at least one of them gets comfy!






2 comments:

  1. happy happy, we love you.
    xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo
    mom and dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your experience of IVF journey is really good. Everyone so excited to this time period of IVF treatment. I wish you all the very best for your future.

    ReplyDelete