Monday, October 7, 2013

So It Begins...

IVF here we come!

J and I decided to begin IVF last week.  We went to our doctor (Maria Infertility) in Daejeon last Friday and had some tests done.

J gave a sample to make sure things are still the same as before (they are) and I got to have a blood test to check for all kinds of nasty things:  do I have any diseases, am I already pregnant, do I have low red blood cell count, or a hight white blood cell count and some other things as well, I'm sure.

This week, Thursday, I will go again for the doctor to examine my girly parts and see how things look in there in terms of my wanna be hatch-lings.  Are they the right size, etc.




After this week, I will go back in about a week or 7 days, and begin injections.

More then.

Expect details.  I intend to see this through in terms of being American (foreign) in Korea having IVF treatment and a baby and blogging about it to help anyone out there who may find themselves in familiar territory.

I think it is time to take this blog public.

3 comments:

  1. Wow. Saw the link on FB and was intrigued -- figured that perhaps you were just considering parenthood. And you have been on the journey for quite some time! Good luck, I hope the IVF treatments are successful. I know a number of close friends in the States who have successfully gone through treatment and now have beautiful children. I'm sure it will be the same for you both...
    Love, Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Jenny!
    It means a lot hearing success stories of people you know. We are only planning on doing this two or three times and only one egg each time--no more than two at a time anyway.
    I will keep you posted.
    Love you!
    Hugs to P, L and G
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete