Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Selfies

Self Injections.


Here is a video of me giving myself an injection of folliotropin. 

We need to keep the medicine refrigerated and if I will not be home during one of the times I need to get a shot, I take a bag of ice and water with me and inside another baggie is the box that holds my injection.



I lie down for these injections.  It is easier and gravity helps.

Step 1: swap the injection site with the alcohol swab--safety first!

Step 2: take the lid off the needle

Step 3: grab/pinch the area you will inject and hold it (under your belly button somewhere)

Step 4: stab yourself

Step 5: pull the plunger part out about a quarter of an inch

Step 6:  push plunger all the way down to release the medicine into your body

Step 7: pull out the needle and swab the area again

Step 8: put the cap back on the needle and put the needle back in the box--safety first!

Step 9: throw away the box and done!

***SO apparently this video does not want to work on this blog...I put it on Youtube. 


Go here for the video please. VIDEO

ARG.






2 comments:

  1. Wow, brave. Good job - such a difficult commitment but will be beyond worth it. Thanks for sharing your journey.
    love jenny

    ReplyDelete
  2. elizabeth, you are so calm, you are doing so well.
    love, mom and dad

    ReplyDelete