Sunday, October 13, 2013

Shots McGee

Who doesn't like shots?  They're the best.

However, if you happen to be one of the few who does not like shots, then look no further.  This is soon to be full of them.

I receive my first shot this Thursday.  It is a shot in my abdominal area of GnRH Agonist.  This medicine has various uses none the least for IVF procedures.



Per my research GnRH is used for IVF therapy to, "allow for better control of ovarian hyperstimulation during the administration of exogenous FSH. Typically, after GnRH agonists have induced a state of hypoestrogenism, exogenous FSH is given to stimulate ovarian follicle, followed by human chorionic gonadotropins (hCG) to trigger oocyte release. GnRH agonists routinely used for this purpose are: buserelin, leuprorelin, nafarelin, and triptorelin.[1] GnRH agonists also provide a valid alternative to oocyte release triggering with HCG, resulting in an elimination of the risk of ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome.[2] The delivery rate is approximately 6% less than with hCG triggering."

Basically, it gets my body ready to produce multiple eggs and stops my body from freaking out while doing it.

Super fun.

After this shot, I will go back the very next Thursday to begin my series of super shots.

They are to be self administered.  Who doesn't enjoy giving themselves shots every day?  Seriously, I just sit back and have some lemonade and a magazine while shooting myself up with baby meds. 

Pshhhh.

PASS.

I am the worlds biggest chicken when it comes to pain.  Joseph doesn't want to give me shots because he doesn't want to hurt me and I am not adverse to doing it myself, but for the first day at least, my buddy Tiffany has kindly and willingly volunteered to shoot me.  YAY!

I promise to take a photo for at least the first time.  Whether or not it is posted, we shall see.  


No comments:

Post a Comment