Thursday, August 21, 2014

Swollen Ankles, Desks and Clothes!

My new position at the university I work at began this week.  It is an administration position and is wonderful.  What isn't so wonderful are my swollen legs and ankles from sitting 6 hours at a time.  I have never sat for so long at a teaching position.  I'm used to, and enjoy, walking and standing for 8 hours a day in the classroom.  I do not like sitting for so long--especially with these pregnancy side effects.  I looked it up and found some exercises to do while sitting at my desk but I will also make a point to get up and walk (to the bathroom, ha!) at least once an hour.
For those interested, here is a link to swollen ankles and legs.

This Friday (tomorrow) marks the 12th week.  Excited!  Just one more week to go of the first trimester.  Still a little bit wary, just in case, but otherwise thinking about how to spread the news.

I found 2 cute ways to share with coworkers and friends (family already knows!).  Cannot wait to post photos of them!

My brother and sister in law are amazing, wonderful, kind and caring family.  They were super hero's and sent me FIVE HUGE BOXES of maternity clothing for work and home.  This is a HUGE deal as it is I M P O S S O B L E to get maternity clothes in Korea.  I believe I now have more maternity clothes than normal clothes. I still need to purchase a few under garments but I can wait at least a few more weeks for that--so far.  I am not showing yet, thankfully, but I can imagine it is just around the corner.




2 comments:

  1. Hi Elizabeth, glad to know that things are going so well and Iooking forward to your updates. Hang in there - growing a baby is hard work!
    Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  2. good news all around, take care of yourself and each other. love, mom and dad

    ReplyDelete