Monday, August 4, 2014

Pregger Symptoms

I have been quite lucky so far so if, during your pregnancy, you suffered through months of Pregger Puke, read no further because I am sorry.

I have been very lucky in that I have not had ANY morning/day/noon or night sickness at all.  I have thrown up only once (today) from being in the back of a taxi that kept breaking every 100 feet all of the 4 miles home on a full stomach.  Other than that, no puke, for which I am grateful.

I do feel queasy and nauseous especially if I am walking around outside and something smells awful.  If Joseph has too much garlic or eggs, I can't stand it.  So we aren't eating garlic for awhile. The eggs only gross me out if I see him put them in his smoothie (raw) or see him eating any on a plate.


I usually have zero appetite and go from 0% hungry to 100% starving in about 3 seconds so I always have something in my bag if I'm going to be out.  Right now it is carrot sticks and a bottle of water.  Who knows what it will be tomorrow.

I don't really have any food aversions except to the garlic (Korean's eat mega tons of garlic and most subways, buses and taxis smell like it so this is really hard) and a visual one to eggs.  If I smell an overpowering gross smell of garlic (which, normally, I love garlic) I hold my shirt in front of my nose or smell my perfume that I bring along for just such reasons.

Korea is FILLED with gross smells at the best of times, but this is kicking it up a few notches.  Normally, the garlic smell all around is gross, but doesn't make me feel sick, but for now it does.

Other than all of those things, I am bone dead tired.  I'm exhausted all of the time.  I can go to bed at 9pm and not wake up (except to pee, of course) until 11am and still be tired.

In addition to being tired, perhaps I have enjoyed my life of sleeping a little too much.  I have always slept through the night, unless I am sick, but it seems this is not to be for quite some time.  I usually wake up 2-4 times a night to pee.  I suppose this is getting ready for baby to be awake most of the night.

I do not feel a certain kindred spirit currently, to any one food, but anything that takes too much time or too many ingredients is more than likely not going to make it on my plate whether at home or out.  Super simple is my thing especially more veggies and chicken.  Those are my favorite if I had to choose something.  I am actually not craving any junk food except Mcd's french fries and I have done well not eating those.  I don't eat chocolate or coffee--but I do smell others coffee when I'm around them.  Don't think I'm weird.  I love coffee.

I have noticed that I could completely crave American food but I have to not crave that as if you can find what you are looking for, it is much too expensive to have it often.  Something that I really, really want is Ranch dressing.  Making it from yogurt just isn't the same.

Any who, I think that is all of my symptoms so far.  It isn't much and I think this is mostly why I don't feel pregnant yet.  From reading articles and things online, I am just very lucky so far.

2 comments:

  1. So glad things are progressing as they should! And you deserve to not have any sickness - you've been through so much already! So, avoid the garlic and enjoy...your energy will be back after week 12!
    Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds like you are doing great! keep up the good feelings. we love you. xoxoxoxoxoxomom and dad

    ReplyDelete