Monday, February 23, 2015

Them Veins

My pregnancy was uneventful,  the delivery was flawless and my recovery is going well.

With one exception: my veins. I was laid up for 24 hours after the c-section unable to walk or move around. I have a few varicose veins in my left leg that decided to do their own thing and become a new problem: superficial vein thrombosis. 
Two days after surgery I showed Dr. Oh my left knee/leg area where the veins were protruding and painful. She was quite worried so scheduled immediate doplar sonogram for both my legs to check for deep vein thrombosis.  No DVT but it is superficial vein thrombosis. The head vein surgeon came with Dr. Oh to our hospital room to explain the deal. An appointment was made for May to discuss further treatment.

My veins in the same leg began to get reddish and painful and feel warm to the touch so yesterday when we brought Jasper to the hospital in Seoul for his wellness exam we showed Dr. Oh my leg again and she made me an appointment with the vein surgeon for today.  Hopefully no surgery yet. We shall see.
Joseph is on vacation for this week so he stayed home with Jasper while I am headed to Seoul for the 2nd time this week.
Thursday we go to the US Embassy to get Jasper set up with his SS card, passport, and to register his birth. Then Friday finds me coming back again to get my stitches removed from the c-section.
This is such a busy week. I cannot wait to sit at home and hold Jasper all day.

1 comment:

  1. Hope all is well, Elizabeth! For you and the baby!
    Jenny

    ReplyDelete