Sunday, January 11, 2015

32 weeks and doctor appointment

My latest doctors appointment was this past Friday, January 9th.

My doctor is at a conference so met with her coworker, Dr. Sung.  I had a little protein in my pee this time.  Just a smidgen.  The doctor was not concerned because it was just a smidgen and my blood pressure was perfect and my pulse as well as my blood sugar, etc. The protein could be because I was a bit dehydrated or it could be an early symptom of pre-eclampsia. I was asked to look for specific symptoms of pre-e and if I see any I am to come to the hospital straight away. So far so good.

I am drinking more water. 

I also met -again- with the nutritionist and diabetic ladies. I am still not eating enough and my blood sugar is perfect. I was asked to continue the blood testing and food diary for another 2 weeks specifically making sure I eat 3 snacks a day. That is a lot of food but I promised I would try. 

This time I have the added pleasure of testing my ketone each morning as well as my weight.  Keep in mind I lost 4 lbs from the last 2 weeks until now. How? No idea. It seems I put something in my mouth every other hour. I am starving when I wake up though.  I don't eat anything 3 hours before bedtime so I don't have indigestion.  So far so good. 

My back has been hurting a lot the past few days and I have had a few contractions in the past week. The doctor said if they are about 5 or so in an hour to call/come in.

C-section pain medication. This is something that has been on my mind ever sense discovering Korea does pain meds different than America. I may prefer American pain medication.
I will have a spinal (walking epidural) for the planned c-section.  After the spinal is removed I will be given 2 different meds. Ketoprofen and/or Tylenol. Regular Tylenol. Not Tylenol ER or Tylenol with Codine. 

Hmmm.

I will ask my doctor again when I go back January 23rd to double check.
I asked about percocet or morphine and the doctor said both of those are too strong for this type of surgery. For real?  

As long as I am okay and the baby is okay we shall see how it goes.

The baby shower is on January 24th so you can expect some photos from that amazing day. 

1 comment:

  1. During pregnancy, it’s really a huge relief to hear from the doctor’s that everything is fine and under control. I just hope your appointment last January 23 also brought the same news, or was better than the last. How are you now?

    Clifford Daniel @ HealthJump

    ReplyDelete