Wednesday, July 23, 2014

And Then There Was One

Went to my weekly doctor visit today and had my weekly sonogram to check on things.
The doctor said the first baby is doing great. The heart rate is normal and perfect and size is perfect. All things going well.
The second baby is no longer in its sac. The sac was empty and smaller than last week. The doctor said it is normal. She explained that over a 2 week-ish period the sac will continue to shrink and then disappear all together.
She prescribed my usual weekly medicine of baby aspirin and endometrium suppositories. Hopefully this is the last week I will need to do those.
We talked briefly about which hospital would be best, etc. for the baby's care and eventual birth and Dr. Lee gave me 5 top Seoul hospitals for Joseph and I to review and discuss.
We are neither happy nor sad about the second bean. It is what it is and that is okay.
Dr. Lee and I also discussed my dietary needs and when I can begin exercising again. Thus far the only exercise I am allowed is walking. Come week 10 I can begin swimming. Yay! An hour a day of laps in the pool. I cannot wait. I have missed swimming!
In the second and third trimester I can add Pilates and light prenatal yoga.

3 comments:

  1. sending you lots of,love.
    xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo
    mom and dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so excited for you. So sorry to hear of loss of baby 2... take good care of yourself and baby. I think of you often...love Debbie M.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks again for sharing your journey -- good wishes to you and Joseph and keep on keeping on! Take good care of yourself and bambino...
    love, Jenny

    ReplyDelete