Sunday, December 7, 2014

Regular Check-up Plus Glucose Test

This visit was a pretty straight forward visit.  No sonogram this time (next time) and Dr. Oh simply listened to the baby's heartbeat in her office.  Good heartbeat.  Tiffany was able to go with me and met Dr. Oh.  She took a video of Dr. Oh listening to the heartbeat.



Tiffany and I also were able to take a tour of the maternity floor of the hospital (6th floor).  There are 3 rooms that hold 6 women (100$ a day), 6 rooms that hold 2 women (250$ a day)  and one amazing room for one person (700$ a day).  There are separate rooms for each labor and for delivery that are right next to each other.  When it is time for delivery, the entire bed and you are wheeled next door.
We both thought the delivery room was super scary.  Looking high tech but also a little out of Dr. Who or other scariness:


There is also an operation room (in use so we didn't see it) that is used for C-Sections and other baby related things.

Joseph is allowed to be in the labor and delivery room and if the doctor says so, also the operation room.

The maternity floor was interesting.  Not any visitors.  Only dad's and the occasional mom or mom in law.  Most of the beds were full when we were able to peek in a room.  The nursery is not view-able from a window at all.  The babies cannot be seen--but we did hear a few.  This is due to germs but mostly due to not having visitors except the grandparents and dad's.  Plus, the babies are kept with their mom's as much as possible in the rooms so a nursery window isn't really necessary.

I also took another glucose blood test to test for gestational diabetes.  I did this during week 10 as well--this is week 25.

I just got a phone call back from the results of the blood test and they are a bit "high" from what they normally expect.  Samsung Medical has their cut off at 140 and my results were 143.  

I have an appointment for next Thursday, Dec. 4th for my longer, 4 hour, super fun blood test.  8 hour fasting beforehand, control blood sample, drink 100g of nasty orange swill, and then every hour for 3 hours have blood drawn.  The last time I did this it was super boring just sitting there.  No eating or drinking--not even water.  I will need to make sure I eat after it is finished and not until I get to the train station.

No comments:

Post a Comment