Sunday, November 2, 2014

It's A Witch!

Yesterday's doctor appointment concluded with a 90% chance our baby is a girl.  Yay!

The Quad blood test revealed that the baby is at low risk for Downs and other abnormal things.  It weighs 450g (1 pound) and is right on target at 22 weeks.  

On my way there I got a phone call from the hospital asking if I could be there earlier than my 3:20pm appointment to do the 40 minute sonogram.  Luckily for me, my ticket was quite early and it was possible.

The Level 2 sonogram was interesting.  They looked at 10-12 areas of the heart and brain, the kidney, stomach, all 5 fingers and toes, the face; for a cleft lip, and checked the height and length of the baby's femur and humerus bones.  It took right about 40 minutes with a ten minute break so I could walk the floor to hopefully get the baby to move into another, better, position.  No such luck and they are only about 90% certain it is a girl.  On my way out of the room I was handed a CD of the entire sonogram process.  First time that has happened.  I must say we prefer the CD to the photos we have received previously.  The video is a much better quality than the photos.

When I met with the doctor we discussed various things about labor and delivery and next time I go I will get a tour of the labor and delivery floor as well as the different rooms I have an option for.  I will take photos and things during that and also ask about prices for each.

My next visit is November 26 and for that visit I will retake the gestational diabetes test (50g of gross orange swill), have my blood drawn a few times for the sugar test and to see my Rh negative or positive and my blood type.

As soon as we are able we will post the DVD/CD to YouTube so anyone who wants to see the baby can see it.


2 comments:

  1. wow! very exciting. we are so happy for you and joseph.
    love, mom & dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great news and so glad that things are going so well. I look forward to hearing more...
    Jenny

    ReplyDelete