Saturday, November 9, 2013

Woah

The last few days have been a blur of activity.

Thursday, Jospeh and I went to the doctor and I was examined again and given a long list of instructions for the next few days.  I was given another shot of hormones in my belly by the nurse and given 2 injections that needed to be taken at the same time at 8pm that night.

I also took the rest of the day and went to Seoul to visit Chien and eneded up back on a bus to Daejeon about 7:20p which meant I would need to give myself these shots on a bus.  A moving bus.  In the dark.  I deserve a medal.  At about 7:50p I got out the plastic bag of ice water holding the shots and began to get myself ready.  There was no way I could give them to myself at the same time so I just resolved to do them as quickly as possible back to back.


What I did not account for in this ten minutes was how hard it would be to open the packages that contained each shot.  I used the key chain metal to poke a hole in each one. 
I did both shots and thought it went well.  A bit more pain than normal just because it was a moving vehicle but really, it doesn't hurt.

my bag of drugs (I had my Rx just in case)


double the fun


about 3 minutes to 8pm

about 8:02pm. done!

When I got home I was looking at the needles and making sure I gave myself all of the medicine and I noticed a bit of blood on one but no worries.  I am fine.
 
there is a bit on the base of the needle and a bit inside the syringe at the bottom of the grey part.

Either way, I was given a lot of medication to take in a few days. 

Thursday Nov. 7, 2013: 2 shots + V suppository
Friday: 3x a day packs of meds + V suppository
Saturday: 2 shots in my bum, surgery and 3x a day meds plus 8 pills of pregnozone
Sunday: 2 shots in my bum plus 3x a day meds and 8 pills of pregnazone
Monday: 1 shot in my bum plus 8 pills of pregnizone
Tuesday, Nov. 12, 1213:  1 shot in my bum plus 8 pills of pregnazone

The medicine I needed to take at exactly 8pm was Ovidrel.  Go here for more information on this specific drug. 

3 comments:

  1. oh elizabeth, you are really something. take care of yourself.

    love, mom and dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm something, alright! But you love me anyway. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes we do.
    xoxo
    mom and dad

    ReplyDelete