Monday, September 24, 2012

Ponderings

So after 2 negative test results and a little bit of reflection I decided to check www.babycenter.com and see what other women are going through trying to get pregnant.

Some women on that site are plain crazy.  I don't know about some of them but whew.  To each their own I guess.



I found some valid information about women's thyroids so I thought I should get that checked out for hypothyroidism as it runs on my mom's side.  I went this past Saturday morning and got the results the same day--can you believe it?  I am negative for any type of thyroid problem.  The doctor who tested me knew Joseph and I are trying for a baby and when he told me the results he said, "Everything okay you can make a baby now."  Hahaha.

**Just a note for any women trying for a baby: it is a good idea to get your thyroid checked.  If there is a problem and you are unaware it could harm your baby.  Check with your doctor for further information or check www.babycenter.com first if you are curious what this is all about then go from there.

---

Joseph and I have been officially trying for a baby since January 2012.  Nada yet. 
Things in life have usually come easy for me so I can't really complain that this isn't.  No one gets everything they ask for anyway so....That all being said, I am a bit sad it hasn't happened yet. 
We decided we wanted to do this and now it isn't happening.   However, we are looking on the bright side and not letting this take over our emotions or world just yet.

The good news is that I have had a lot of time to make myself (Joseph too) as healthy as possible.

Taking folic acid, omega 3 and other vitamins to be healthy as well as eating healthy and not drinking alcohol.  I'm even trying to exercise regularly.  I do Pilates at least 4x a week on YouTube.  There are some great videos on there for free. 

No comments:

Post a Comment